This is a breathing retraining programme designed to help manage asthma, hayfever, insomnia, snoring, sleep apnoea, chronic fatigue, anxiety and other breathing-related issues. It may help reduce your symptoms, help you breathe easier, give you better sleep, increase your energy levels, reduce your likeliness of catching a cold, cough, or flu, improve your fitness, and help you attain peak performance in work or in play. The method used is the Buteyko Method developed by Dr. Konstantin Buteyko, a Russian doctor in the 1950s. It is a structured programme using breathing exercises and lifestyle changes to restore healthy, natural, functional breathing. These exercises are tailored to the needs of each person.
The course is comprised of six sessions in six weeks. The sessions are individual sessions, however, small groups sessions for family members or friend or office groups can be arranged. The programme is suitable for both adults and children. For clients outside of Auckland or New Zealand, the course may also be done via online coaching.
What you learn:
- The exact steps to retrain your breathing and set up an internal environment conducive to healing and peak performance.
- The step-by-step method to breathe easier, get deeper sleep, be calmer, stop fatigue, anxiety, gut issues and other symptoms plus be able to perform at your peak.
- Guidance and support to help you follow-through on your health and performance goals.
- 5x 90-minute course sessions
- 1x 60-minute Breathe Coaching session
- Course book
- 8 online modules
- 4 months Breathe Care membership – for continuous learning and motivation
- A client portal as a resource, and for guidance and accountability in between sessions and beyond the course
- Phone and email support as needed throughout the programme
- Fee: NZ$945.00