The Breathing Assessment is the first step in working with The Breathe Clinic. Over the years, we pick up poor breathing habits that erode our health over time. These manifest as various diseases depending on one’s genetic predisposition. More commonly, breathing dysfunction is associated with asthma, hayfever, insomnia, snoring, sleep apnoea, chronic fatigue, anxiety and stress. Restoring healthy functional breathing helps correct this underlying breathing dysfunction and may help manage the associated symptoms. The first step to breathing retraining is to identify these habits. The second step is to bring awareness to our habits and thirdly we consciously change our habits.
I use both observation and capnograph readings to evaluate breathing patterns and identify poor breathing habits. A capnograph is an instrument that measures the concentration of exhaled carbon dioxide (CO2) in exhaled air and displays a numerical readout and waveform tracing. It helps evaluate breathing and detect poor breathing habits. Clients find it very helpful to get biofeedback and almost immediately see the effects of their breathing pattern on the graph. You walk away from this consultation with an understanding of how your breathing affects your symptoms and a few tips and tools to start shifting your breathing to healthy, functional breathing.
The Breathing Assessment is a 1-hour personalised workshop where you will:
- have time to discuss with me your condition and your concerns about your breathing and health
- discover where your breathing sits compared to healthy norms
- have a Capnography assessment to help in identifying, evaluating and learning breathing habits
- understand how your breathing habits contribute to your symptoms
- learn breathing, health and lifestyle tips and tools to help get your breathing back on track
- breathe better, sleep deeper and be calmer
- create a next step action plan to get lasting improvement.